Worried about coverage?Don't be.
We've got you covered.
Insurance & Limits Of Liability
Our service includes a $2,000,000 liability coverage with a $750 deductible. The customer is responsible for the deductible on any insurance claims.
In case of damage done to furniture or any other items during the move we provide Standard Valuation Coverage of $0.6 per LB, at no additional cost to all of our customers.
If you require additional coverages please contact our operational manager, as we do have different extended coverages available for purchase.
If you feel that all of your personal belongings are certainly worth more than $0.6 cents per LB, we also offer “full-value protection”. The coverage is based on your valuation of the contents being transported. The cost is based on about 1% percent of the valuation, so if you decide all of your belongings being shipped are worth $50,000, you would pay $500 for full-value protection. Full-value protection allows us two options if any articles are lost, destroyed or damaged during the move. This is also called “full replacement value.” Moving Relocation Systems, not the consumer, decides how amends will be made for the property. We can either have the item repaired so it is in the same condition as it was before being damage occurred, or we can replace the item with another of like-kind. Basically, if your two-year-old washing machine was smashed, we would not replace it with a new one. You will likely be given the fair-market value of a two-year-old washing machine.
Insurance does not automatically pay for any damage. It must be clearly shown that the mover was responsible for the damage.
Items in boxes not packed by the mover are not covered, unless the outside of the carton provides clear evidence that the entire box was damaged during the moving.
In order to start a claim process, a client has to report the damage to the movers and pay the full amount of the move performed.
The moving company shall not under any circumstances, be liable for:
1. Loss, damage or delay to any of the goods described in the bill of lading caused by an act of God, the Queen’s or public enemies, riots, strikes, a defect or inherent vice in the goods, an act or default of the consignor, Owner or Customer, authority of law and or quarantine.
2. Mechanical quality of any electronics or appliances.
3. Acoustical quality of any musical instruments
4. Damage to articles made of press board, particle board or wafer board or similar structured materials
5. Damage to glass , marble or similar materials, as an independent item or as part of articles being moved (unless proper packing provided by customer, e.g. cardboard box with corners support for glass table tops, wooden crate for marble table tops)
6. Damage caused by or due to peeling veneer of any sort
7. Deterioration of any article due to aging, temperature, humidity or moisture
8. Items of extraordinary value including but not limited to Mortgage Papers, Legal Documents, Business Documents, Antique’s, Jewelry are not covered by either release rate liability or full value protection. Therefore these items are moved and/or transported at owner’s risk.
9. Exterior cosmetic damage on unboxed merchandise caused by Company is consignor’s sole responsibility. Company does not take any responsibility what so ever on items that are unpacked or poorly packed
10. 6Thirteen moving reserves the right to refuse to move items through passages or stairways with less than 2 inches clearance all around the walls/ceiling and the item in question. In booking our services/agreeing to these terms and condition of service you are waiving any liability against 6Thirteen Moving for damage that might occur to the passage, strairways, walls or the items in question during execution of such maneuvers.
The insurance does not cover:
- Mechanical or electronic functions of instruments or appliances.
- Items in storage.
- Personal items of monetary value, such as jewelry, cash, fine art, special items (please take them with you).
- Any item that is valued at over $2000 must have a Proof or Purchase or Appraisal upon loading.
- Furniture that you have not allowed us to properly pad and wrap to protect from potential damage.
- Accidental dings, scuffs and scratches on walls, flooring etc
To be insured against damages, the following items must be crated or placed in specialized boxes/cases:
- Products made of natural stone, concrete, ceramic, porcelain, or glass
- Paintings, sculptures, or other work of art
- Grandfather clocks, chandeliers, flat screen televisions, musical instruments
- Small appliances such as microwaves, stereo equipment, printers, computers, and monitors.
- Mirrors, wall clocks and hanging fixtures.
- Mattresses (latex & memory foam) will not be insured against structural damage if:
- The mattress requires to be bent or folded in the moving process (low ceilings, tight turns etc)
- The mattress is not boxed in a proper packing/moving box.
- Sports/exercise equipment (eg. bikes, treadmills, home gyms, kayaks, canoes, paddle/surf/sailboards) unless packed/crated by an agent of 6Thirteen Movers.
- Motorized vehicles/equip (eg. motorbikes, lawnmowers, snowblower) mobility aids (eg. wheelchairs); medical equipment (eg. hospital beds)
- Any damages where the crew have pointed out to the customer that they are likely to occur and the customer accepts that risk. An example of this would be moving an over-sized couch through a narrow stairway/hallway/doorway where the couch must touch the walls/railings/stairs in order to fit through the passage.
- Any damage resulting from the interference or assistance of a customer or other(s) in the moving or packing process.
- Damages to the home unless documented on the work order prior to the moving crew leaving the home. It is the customer’s responsibility to inspect the home and bring any damages to the attention of the crew before they leave the site. The company may, at its discretion, accept responsibility for damages after the fact.
- Damages to any item or resulting from any item loaded to or from a vehicle/container/warehouse/
storage unit not owned, leased, or otherwise contracted by 6Thirteen Movers.
6Thirteen Moving will not insure any contents of boxes and packaged/wrapped items unless they are packaged/wrapped and unpacked/unwrapped by 6Thirteen Movers employees or agents. If any professional packing services are required, there’s an additional cost and they must be requested prior to the arrival of the moving crew.